Labels

Monday, July 9, 2012

(History-Con pt.2) Sambuca and Fort MacArthur...

both have the spirit and allure of a Roman night. Or Sunday afternoon. A Roman Sunday afternoon.

From left to right: Lisa, Kevin (brother), Alex, Ron, Me, Kristen, Kevin W. , Faith, Jason
I must hand it to those Romans, they sure knew how to dress. Corsets, petticoats, stockings, hats? What are those? I mean, they had hats, but whatever. Not mandatory bonnets whose strings choke you in the wind.


Latin for "camp [something]". My search results came up with  nil. It probably means "awesome". I don't know why I look these things up, that's definitely what it means.

Roman Camp.

Brother looking fierce. 


But not as fierce as Faith. 
Kevin W. seems unsure of this madness. 

Picnicking. What a strange word. Extra 'k'. Unnecessary.

Looming demonstration. She's weaving a plaid to use as an actual plaid. Amazing craftsmanship. 
Who doesn't love goats? Especially when they're owned by pirates. Legitimate historical pirates. 

Faith and Kevin W. at the Korean Bell of Friendship. 

Faith jogs along on our constitutional. I'm probably yelling at her to  put her skirts down. 

The Korean Bell of Friendship. Which has a sign that reads: "Do Not Touch!!!!!!" . Faith is a rebel.  And she's showing a nice stretch of leg.
History-Con (Fort MacArthur Days) was the highlight of my ridiculously busy summer. Tomorrow I start a summer class, so it was the perfect timing. And Alex and my brother are probably going to sign up with the local Napoleonic War regiment. Which sounds silly when you say it out loud. But it means Regency dresses. And an opportunity to make some regency stays, which I will use in my dream impression: Incroyables et Merveilleuse. Alex would look amazing in a pigeon-breasted coat and a cravat that covers his chin. Maybe not the chin, he has a nice chin. 
Now to help my friend, Caitlin, with her Comic-Con outfit. That she needs done by Friday. 
Will post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment