Labels

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

New Projects

Finally! I can breathe. All of my crazy hectic plans have been completed.
So, of course, I'd like to stress myself out again :)
It's really more like starting now before I stress myself out the last week of August, really.
My unit is going to the Huntington Beach Civil War Reenactment the first weekend in September, and I've things to make. Specifically: A third set of split drawers and a paletot.
I'm going to hand sew the drawers, since the machine I use is at the shop, and I'll probably machine most of the paletot. I'll do topstitching and trim for the paletot by hand.
The drawers (and maybe another chemise, actually. It's really humid and gross in H.B. at this event) will be made out of lightweight muslin. I have a 50% off coupon for Joann's, so I'm pretty ecstatic about it.
I have a nice wool suiting that I purchased in L.A. for the paletot, but no lining. So this week(end?) I'm going to the $2 fabric store nearby to pick up a lining fabric. They have some pretty nice twills, three yards of which I bought to line stays, corsets, etc. I'd use that, but it's tan, and my wool suiting is a hunter green/ black check.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment