Labels

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Competition is Announced

      So I've made clothing for my role as unit Laundress for my Civil War Reenacting not-a-hobby (it's pretty thought consuming for me, and I obsess about it, honestly.), and I've attended several historical events and the odd costume party; I've even sold some of my creations. But submitting a project to a real competition? *gasp*
     I attended the Orange County Fair last year, and stumbled upon their "Fiber Arts" competition. There are quilts, knitted items, loomed items and sewn garments. Since I have absolutely no head for quilts, and I can only knit scarves, I ran straight toward the sewn garments. And there, Gentle Reader, I gazed upon a burgundy satin 1880's tea gown. It was breathtaking. So of course, me being me, I said to myself, "I'm going to enter and try to win this thing!" Fast forward to last week, when I registered in the "Fiber Arts" competition. It's due the 1st of July, and I've yet to start. Entertainment, commence.

No comments:

Post a Comment